I love a good sandwich.
Go anywhere and I’m sure you can find all kinds of delicious and delectable creations between two slices of all kinds of bread. Call it a hoagie or a hero, a cheese steak or a sub, a wrap or a club or pretty much whatever you want to call it, but if you put anything between two slices of bread – you got yourself a sandwich.
I am all for meat piled high, covered in mouth-watering toppings – but sometimes the simplest of sandwiches are simply the best. Which is why I am writing this randomness tonight.
Today I made myself one of my top 5 all time sandwiches – the egg salad sandwich. I cannot tell you how delicious it was. I cooked the perfect hard-boiled eggs the day before (yes you can make a bad hard-boiled egg) and enjoyed the egg salad this afternoon. It may have been partly nostalgia that fed my feelings of food nirvana – but no matter how you slice it…it was that good!
Here are my top 5 all time sandwiches:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly – Old school I know, but pair this baby up with some plain old potato chips and I swear I am 10 years old again.
- Egg Salad – I’ll let my ramblings above speak for itself with this one.
- Liverwurst & Onion – Not everyone’s cup of tea I’m sure but I used to eat these all time from a deli that was in some guys basement. Best lunch ever.
- Ham & Swiss Cheese – A simple sandwich but if you have great ham with strong swiss cheese you’ve got heaven between 2 slices of bread.
- Meatball Sub – Not the Subway version (yuck) – On a hard hoagie roll with 3 large Italian meatballs covered in melted mozzarella….yummmmm!
Feel free to share your favorite sandwich below.